As a Cloud Engineer, you will help the platform team attain maturity in the cloud technology stack, architecture and DevOps practices with the goal to create high-quality and secure enterprise grade products.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities:
- Working with product teams to understand their infrastructure and hosting needs and develop standardized re-usable modules using code with well architected practices and security.
- Understanding the technology roadmap and aligning the DevOps implementation within the product teams.
- Propose DevOps technology solutions and take the lead in evaluating and implementing them.
- Maintaining the availability of the platform components and identifying the enhancements and leading the implementation for that.
Key Technical Skills Required:
- Extensive experience with AWS Cloud Provider and its services like, but not limited to – compute, networks, storage, databases, analytics.
- Extensive experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment techniques and tools like Jenkins, Spinnaker, Nexus, etc.
- source code systems and branching strategies
- Containerization technologies like Docker and its orchestration using Kubernetes
- Collaboration, tracking and documentation – JIRA, Confluence
- Infrastructure provisioning using Infrastructure as a Code – Terraform, Cloudformation
- Application monitoring and logging – ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, AWS Cloudwatch
- Networking concepts – Access Control Lists, Bastion Hosts, Reverse Proxies, Forward Proxies, Load balancing
- One or more programming or scripting languages like Shell, Python, GoLang, Java
- Configuration Management – Chef, Ansible
We advocate cloud platform security and hence you should have experience/familiarity with:
- Cloud Network security
- Secure SDLC practices
- Data security
- Authentication and Authorization
- Web Application Firewall
- Application workload security using hardening methodologies, vulnerability scanning
- A good understanding of distributed systems and microservices.
Key Soft Skills Required:
- Keen interest in new technology and ability to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies
- Must be proactive, show initiative and desire to understand the business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven ability to contribute in a team-oriented environment
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- Degree in computer science or similar field of study.
- Good to have Industry level certifications (eg. AWS, Kubernetes)