The debate is raging – Native vs. Hybrid and we would like to add fire to fuel by discussing advantages of Native. But before you rush off to develop your application, let’s flip the coin and understand both sides.
The Nuts & Bolts
- Native apps are customized to the platform or the mobile OS for which they are being developed while Hybrid apps are mobile OS agnostic.
- Hybrid apps use technologies like HTML5, CSS & Java script while Native commonly uses Objective -C or Swift for iOS and JAVA, Windows, C++ for Android.
- Native allows you to take advantage of OS features and offers an enhanced user experience which can’t be said for Hybrid. Likewise, Native promises a faster, more reliable and secure performance as against Hybrid which can be saddled with QoS issues (quality of service).
- User Interface and user experience are definitely superlative in Native, but with Hybrid, since the development time is lesser you can Go- to- Market faster.
The Pros And Cons Spelt Out
- Pros -Native offers superior performance and user experience, uses multiple codes for IOS and android. Hybrid on the other hand takes lesser development time and go to market faster. Hybrid also does not need individual app store updation or APIs as it is web based.
- Cons – If you choose to go with Native, you will need to develop individual APIs an update them individually on respective platforms
Why We Agree Not To Agree With Hybrid
As you can see by now, Native is like Hand in Glove, the hand being the mobile application and glove being the OS. The application is developed specifically for the mobile OS, leveraging on its features. This enables easy adoption of the application by the users. Native applications also enable their users to use the features of their device such as camera, contacts, GPS, Text and other features efficiently.
Native In A Nutshell
- Offers elevated user experience
- Optimal utilization of hardware and software
- Features of the core operating system can be leveraged to offer safe and secure application
- Application becomes user friendly and adaptation is seamless
- Easy visibility in the app store
Take the test
Yes it’s not an easy decision but we have made it easier for you. Just answer the questions listed below and the decision is made.
How to choose between Native and Hybrid
|Do you want to leverage on the features of the mobile OS?||Native||Hybrid|
|Is it a paid application?||Native||Hybrid|
|Do you have time to take the application to market?||Native||Hybrid|
|Do you have budget for application to be built for iOS and Android?||Native||Hybrid|
|Will the Application updation be frequent?||Hybrid||Native|
|Do you want to have superior User Experience (UX)?||Native||Hybrid|
|Do you want the app to be found on app store?||Native||Hybrid|
|Is speed critical for User Experience?||Native||Hybrid|
|Does your application leverage on the features of the device such as camera, contacts, GPS, Text?||Native||Hybrid|
We know the jury is still out on Native but we will do our best to help you take the decision best suitable for you. At Mobikode we provide a range of technology services aimed at making your business more efficient. We are tech-xperts at developing enterprise mobile and web applications customized for our clients.